Threading is also known as a thread lift and is a popular non-surgical option to a facelift. This procedure is minimally invasive and has no down-time which is ideal for our hectic lifestyles.
It may be that you are struggling with saggy skin, deep creases and wrinkles but are too scared for a surgical facelift or the recovery time may put you off.
A new, cutting edge technique has been developed to give you the effects of a facelift but without the scalpel.
Areas that can be treated:
- Saggy neck
- Brow lift
- Lower jaw and chin area
- Cheek areas
- Nose lift
There are two methods available:
- PDO Thread Lift
PDO (polydioxanone) thread is a type of thread that dissolves naturally. This special thread has tiny cones or cogs that grab the skin and when tightened gives the tight appearance to the skin. The thread is discreet and totally invisible to everyone else.
The technique is very safe and gives the face a lift immediately without any damage to the skin or tissue below. Skin will appear smooth, younger-looking and your entire face will look rejuvenated- all without one incision!
- Silhouette Soft Thread Lift Treatment
This type of thread lift is also known as a suture lift. Fine sutures are used to lift the sagging tissues in the face and anchor them in this new position. The sutures are made of a special substance that actually stimulates the collagen production. The face will appear fuller and skin smoother. The sutures will dissolve over time and your non-surgical facelift will be in place for you to enjoy.
What to expect
- Once you and your doctor have decided on the type of threading technique to use, you will be given a local anaesthetic in the area to be lifted.
- After the procedure, you may experience minimal swelling and pain.
- The results are immediately apparent and as more collagen is produced in your skin, the effect will improve.
- This non-surgical face-lift can last up to 2 years.