As the face ages, the skin around the eyes change as well. The result is bagginess and eyes that appear to droop. It appears as if there is extra skin both below and above the eye.
Just as there are ways to improve the texture and sagginess of the facial skin, there are ways to combat the aging process of the skin around the eyes.
The two methods are surgical and laser eye lift. Your doctor will discuss which option is best for you.
Successful eyelid surgery can completely change the way you look and improve your self-confidence.
The effects of eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) can last up to seven years.
Eyelid surgery can improve:
- A droopy upper eyelid that may affect your sight.
- Puffy eyelids.
- Bags below the eye area.
- Lower eyelids that droop so low that the whites of the eyes are visible.
- Lower lids that appear wrinkled and loose.
What to expect
- The surgeon will get your medical history and discuss your expectations.
- He may take photos to help determine what needs to be done.
- You may be given a general anaesthetic or an IV to put you to sleep. This will depend on the extent of the corrections required and the method of eye lift chosen.
- There will be swelling and bruising which will take a few days to subside. Once the swelling is gone, the eyelids will appear smoother and better-defined. The overall effect will be a fresher more alert appearance- a completely rejuvenated look!
- Your new look should be long-lasting.