Acne is almost a rite of passage for many people who would rather forget their awkward and pimply teenage years. For others, it seems like acne waits in the background for adulthood before it pounces and makes your life miserable.
The consequences of acne are the physical scars it leaves behind that can make you feel very self-conscious. But you are not doomed forever to live with the scars. There are acne scar removal laser treatments available in Dubai that can reduce the severity of the scars and leave you with smooth, beautiful looking skin.
Your doctor will decide which type of laser procedure you will benefit from most.
Types of laser treatments (how to remove acne scars):
- Laser resurfacing involves eliminating the top layers of skin cells that are scarred.
- Fractionated laser resurfacing is when the laser enters the damaged skin cells and promotes collagen production and new cell production. This minimises the appearance of scarring.
- Non-ablative laser resurfacing involves lasers that go into the deeper layers of skin and also stimulate new skin cell production and stimulates more collagen.
What to Expect:
- The dermatologist will apply an anaesthetic cream to the area before the procedure. This is only to prevent any discomfort.
- It usually takes about 3 days for the skin to heal after acne scar removal Dubai, depending on the type of treatment and the area treated
- You will have to avoid direct sun exposure for a few weeks to allow the skin to heal.
- The doctor will also give you some pain medicines if you require and will advise you to apply cold packs to the area to minimise any swelling.
- A good tip would be to give make up a rest while your skin is healing, if your face was treated.
Make an appointment today to see if you’re a good candidate for acne scar removal Dubai.