Getting Botox these days is fairly commonplace with almost everyone using it to enhance their looks. It is the most popular facial cosmetic treatment that is not surgical.
Botox is used to treat certain aesthetic and cosmetic issues like wrinkles.
It is actually botulinum toxin that works by paralysing muscles for a short time. When injected into facial muscles in extremely small doses, it limits movement and prevents them from contracting and forming wrinkles.
They can be used to treat wrinkles like frown lines, crow’s feet (wrinkles around the eye area) and other areas. Smoothening out these wrinkles can take years off your age!
Australia Medical Centre is committed to giving our clients only the best Botox in Dubai. The formulations we use are Dysport® and Botox® (made by Allergan). Both consist of botulinum toxin type A.
The Botox injection can be effective from 4 to six months before you may require further injections. When a skilled aesthetician does the procedure, you will not have limited facial movement but will look more rested and your wrinkles will appear smoother.
What to expect
- You will be positioned on a comfortable examination table and the areas to be injected will be cleansed thoroughly.
- Your doctor may decide to apply some topical local anaesthetic cream for any discomfort. He/she will then inject the Botox into the desired areas.
- You will be asked to remain in this semi-upright position for a further 5 minutes and should remain upright for the following four hours.
- Results will only be obvious in the days that follow when you compare before photos to after the procedure.
- Sometimes you may be advised to use fillers in these relaxed wrinkles so that they are plumped up.
- Expect to have a follow-up treatment two weeks later for the best results.